Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Deep Fried Zucchini Burgers in Red Sauce

Yum
Deep Fried Zucchini Burgers in Red Sauce





The other day my kids wanted burgers but I didn't have enough minced meat and of course I was too lazy to go shopping. It was just one of those days where you cook with what you have handy. I opened my refriegrator and guess what, I had some extra fresh zucchini, hmmm, I thought to myself, time to improvise, how about some Deep Fried Zucchini Burgers  drowned in red sauce. The outcome was, well take a look for yourself. The plates were wipped clean with some rustic bread. Deep Fried Zucchini Burgers in red sauce, besides deep frying you can also bake them. I have tried both ways and I prefer deep fried, just a personal option. If burgers is not your choice then turn them into meatballs. 



Zucchini Burgers in Red Sauce

Ingredients:
  • * 1 pound minced meat
  • 1/2 - 1 pound shredded fresh zucchini 
  • 2 slices rustic bread ( or any bread you have laying around) 
  • 4 tablespoons of Pillsbury self rising flour
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 medium tomato (diced) 
  • 1 medium  onion (diced)
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon mint

Red Sauce:

Ingredients:
  • 1 regular sized onion
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • nutmeg
  • cloves
  • oregano
  • salt & pepper to taste
*  If you are vegetarian you can use soy protein vegetaria meat



Place your chop meat, in a bowl or pot which ever is more convenient for you. I usually use a pot. Soak your bread in milk for a few minutes, take it out wring it and crumble it in your mince meat, add  all your other ingredients and mix. Your burgers might need a bit more flour, don't be afraid add some more. The bread makes the burgers more fluffy and juicy.



For your red sauce, 
Combine all your ingredients together saute for about 5 minutes add 1 and 1/2 cup of water, boil on high 30 minutes. When sauce is ready to simmer add tomato paste and put on low heat and let simmer until sauce thickens and set aside. When it's simmering add some grated nutmeg and your cloves.




















No comments :

Post a Comment