Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Stir Fry Beef Liver

Yum


                                                        Stir Fry Beef Liver -  Stuffed in Tomatoes


After many years of exposure to the culinary world, to various cultures and the many times I have experimented with different food creations. I can proudly say that I am able to produce and create some delicious recipes of my own. Let me introduce you to my stir fry beef liver stuffed in tomatoes!

Liver, is not what many people look forward to eating but it's a great source for iron and if you cook it with wine or vinegar it gives it a jazzy flavor!!  I'm sure if you try my recipe you will enjoy eating liver. Besides, this is an economical and healthy dish!

TIP: If you buy beef liver from a calf, there's no scent and it's more tender.
                       








Ingredients
                                  First, wash your slice of liver thoroughly




Secondly, cut in small strips


Thirdly, cut and slice your onion, peppers and your garlic cloves




Add 1/3 cup of olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste in your  wok. Mix all ingredients together.
Saute until vegetables and liver are brown. When you are half way through cooking 
add 1/2 cup of vinegar ( I prefer organic vinegar) or red wine


Add a tiny bit of dried chilly, trust me it will make all the difference. If you like spicy food add the whole chilly but I had to serve it to my kids so I added just a tiny bit.


That's it your done! Serve as it with feta cheese and olives OR



You can dress it up as seen in the picture below, it paired lovely with the baked yam. 
A healthy and hearty dish in a few minutes! I love red sweet wine but it goes well with a Chardonnay of your liking and if you serve it to kids a tall glass of orange juice would be great! 


Another tasty dish from my kitchen to yours!! KALE OREXI !!!! 

12 comments :

  1. It looks delicious. If I could talk my family into eating liver, I would definitely give it a try. I love stuffed tomatoes more than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Eva yes I coaxed my kids to eating it by presenting them this gourmet version. They got a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not be everyones 'cup of tea', but I love liver infact I pretty much love all offal... Definitely gonna have to give this a spin at some point in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Brian,

    I think liver gets a bad rep but I still love it too !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried liver, but man this looks good! I might just have to give it a try! Thanks for joining the Link-It To Me Link Up Party this week, I hope you will party with us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Chantal,
    when you do try let me know :) and Yes, I would love to join you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried beef liver. I have made chopped liver with chicken livers. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try this with chicken livers, it was really good and when you use vinegar there's no scent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love liver, but for some reason lost the taste for it over the years. This looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I've never made beef liver, but this looks amazing! Thanks so much for taking the time to link up with us over at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kristen! I will becoming back :)

    ReplyDelete